Well fans, it is catch up time at Surfers Paradise.
Capt Barry has organised a few repairs for LAST WORD,
1. swapped the five pin three phase plug ends on the 10 m extension lead to a 20m lead.
2. swapped the master suite TECMA toilet switch for a new one.
3. swapped the master suite TECMA toilet solenoid and valve for a new one,.......and yeehhhhaaaa.... it seems to have fixed the intermittent flush problem.
|rather than pull a muscle changing the solenoid, I organised the electriction to get into the small places|
4. polished the pilothouse roof..
5. STILL TRYING TO ORGANISE THE REPLACEMENT STABILIZER FIN.
6. organising some tinted perspex to slip inside the front windows , to reduce the heat, when underway.
7. buy a third tear drop fender.
8. organise Hastings Deering to rebuild/replace LAST WORD's two engine raw water pumps.
9. cut view holes in the front white windscreen canvas.
10. change the bed linen for next crew.
|making V berth beds are such fun, and a two person job|
11. wash and pack away the small tender.
As well Capt Barry has visited Graeme in Hospital, and
|Capt Barry and Andrea visiting Graz just after his surgery.|
Capt Barry has moved in with Graeme to assist with his recovery from knee and left leg surgery.
|one swollen leg|
12. Capt Barry does an ASIO like check on Graz's visitors.
|Peter ans Merilyn visiting Graz|
14. Capt Barry supervising Graz's exercise regime. In this case Capt Barry has started Graz off with soft , lightweight exercises, called ......channel changing.
Weather has been stormy, 25 to 30 kt winds from the north , now from the south, heavy rain and hail , the latter further north at Brisbane.
Capt Barry is trying to catch up with Captain Neil tonight , and maybe ( if and when I get word that MEC are ready to do the stabilizer fin ) I will catch up with Peter Hudson to take LAST WORD to GCCM to be lifted and the fin fitted.
TRIP : NIL NM, $57 fuel for Graz's Ben for Capt Barry's running around. Av speed and fuel consumption a lot better than LAST WORD.